Friday, May 06, 2011

Recycling


A friend emailed me a dead bin Laden joke yesterday...

A guy walks into a bar and says to the barkeep, "Hey buddy, gimme a bin Laden", The bartender replies, "I don't know that one, how's it made?". The guy replies, "It's two shots and a splash and it tastes like victory".

Now, those of you old newshounds, and yes, I'm looking right at you Brother Dave, might remember that this is nearly the same joke (save the victory part) that they used several years ago when Palestinian terrorists stormed the Achille Lauro, shot and killed an old man named Leon Klinghofer and then threw his body overboard.

In light of that recycled chesnut, I give you some of my favorite bon mots from the past several evenings of late night talk show humor once again proving that Jon Stewart and David Letterman have the more of the funnier writers in the bidness. I've obviously included the clip from TDS.

From Dave's monologue:

"It seems that there was a big mix-up on the 72 virgins things...turns out, it was 72 vegans".

And from the "Osama bin Laden's last words" Top Ten list of the same Late Night broadcast:

"I need a house full of Navy SEALs like I need a hole in the head."

And finally, a paraphrase from Mark Twain (he doesn't have a talk show):

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure."

No comments: