Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Oslo


I've been reasonably mute about the shootings in Norway last Friday.

Yes, it's a very terrible thing, but, aren't we Americans, (the most socially hostile mass of people on the planet IMHO), sadly too numb to really feel anything about this tragedy?

There were over 20 people killed this weekend all over the US in similar fashion and that barely made the papers. (And this link is from the friggin' Mail Online UK!).

Anyhoo, as I am frequently want to do, I'll leave the driving to someone else as it relates to an "official position" on these horrific Norwegians murders.

Handy Andy Sullivan has an excellent comprehensive and focused piece on his site that I would recommend to any sentient person who may be interested in the roots and whys of Breivik's motivation.

I figure I've got about 30 or more years left on this planet to read about these bi-monthly kinds of events. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

No comments: