Wednesday, August 17, 2011

It's The Jobs Stupid


I keep wondering why everyone is all up in arms about Obama not creating jobs. Businesses (large and small), and Commerce create jobs, not necessarily governments. Sure, government can help, as is the case of Germany mentioned in this terrific piece in today's NYT, but they're not the entire answer.

I lost my job under Bush. I didn't blame him. I still haven't had a full time job under the Obama Administration and still; no blame affixed.

Courage is required here. Businesses need to open their wallets and stop clinging to shareholder's cash. What's the worth of high yields and dividends when you can't find a job?

2 comments:

tsisageya said...

That's all very well-and-good, Bob, if it weren't for the fact that this very same government that you speak so highly (lowly?) of is robbing the world blind, after looting, murdering, raping, and pillaging this land since it's very inception.

What, too soon?

Unknown said...

Cleveland Bob,

Ever thought of getting out of Ohio? I hear there are lots of jobs and good baseball in TX. Or come out here to Northern CA and work at a winery. I hear the pay stinks but the weather is great.