Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ellen


I never turn the TV on during the day. I did make a note last week though that Ellen DeGeneres was slated for an appearance with her wife, Portia de Rossi on Oprah.

I watched the program.

What Ellen has done for the acceptance and subtle homogenization of gay people into the greater society is truly special. I made a mental note that I wanted to catalog all of the different shades of how Ellen has been so successful at this over the years and then I read this piece in today's NYTs.

Frank Bruni says it much better than I ever could.

I sure hope that these two women stick together for the duration of their relationship. All that celebrity blather is obviously hard on a marriage and it'd be a shame if this one crumbles for everyone's sake who believes in equality, acceptance and fairness for all alternative lifestyles.

Now, if someone would just pull Oprah out of the closet...

No comments: