Friday, September 17, 2010

That Toddlin' Town


I've been rather mute about the surprising revelation that Ritchie Daley announced last week that he is giving up his mayoral sceptre for good and putting himself out to pasture. As a former resident of what once was the greatest city in America (trust me, there are none left), I have an opinion or two on this matter.

First off, I always thought Ritchie was as dumb as a bag of hammers. His brother Bill, on the other hand, can actually form complete sentences...and in English too. So, I've always been amazed that held the position for the twenty years that have passed so quickly.

Secondly, I'm not that bright either, so I'll let the way smarter John MacArthur over at Harper's make the point I was going to make if'n I had a bigger brain...

No comments: