Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Election Night


Bernie is too clever by half in his comment from earlier today...the optical scan methodology was a moderate clusterfuck and a headlong dive back to the past from a technological perspective.

The training for the poll workers blew, the understanding of a complete overhaul of the rules and procedures was very weak and disorganization ruled the day from an operational perspective.

Other than that, things went swimmingly.

Oh, and the weather was surreal by the time the evening was over. I was on my feet from 5:30 a.m. until I got home at 9:30 tonight. I served effectively as the alpha authority and ersatz Wal-Mart greeter for my assigned polling location in Lakewood. What would normally have been a 10 minute commute home took me 45 minutes. I literally broke off the head of my scraper getting the 1/4 inch of ice off of my vehicle from the driving and freezing rain.

The picture of the flag was what left of old glory from in front of the polling place. I don't know what it represents and I'm too beat to arrive at a smart ass metaphor. I'll have more to say later in the week. For now, drink in hand, I wish you all a pleasant and ice covered Buona Sera.

No comments: