Saturday, May 10, 2008

Nixonland


My pal, Rick Perlstein, is heavily featured in this week's edition of the New York Times Sunday Book Review. His new tome, Nixonland, is reviewed by none other than George Will, a man once famously described as looking as if he had never had an orgasm.

Regardless, it's a pretty good review written by a man I used to respect and have now come to loathe and although I've yet to read it, I'm enormously pleased to recommend Rick's book to all eight of you who might be reading this post.

2 comments:

Rick Perlstein said...

This review is better:
http://www.newsweek.com/id/136156

Cleveland Bob said...

Indeed, the Newsweek review IS better.

George Will is a putz.

I met him once at a Krochs and Bretano's book signing on Wabash and he was as bone dry and colorless in person as his joyless and smirky teevee persona.