Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Steve Earle

The Blonde and I are heading out to Playhouse Square's Ohio Theatre this evening to go see Steve Earle and Allison Moorer. I absolutely lurve Steve's last couple of albums and his fantastic cover of Tom Waits' Way Down In The Hole from The Wire in this video.

His honest and pointed objections to the current American wars have been spot on for 5 years and his latest, Washington Square Serenade is a beautifully crafted collection of tunes aimed at his favorite new sweethearts...NYC and the aforementioned Ms. Moorer.

I can't post the video of City of Immigrants here as it's been flagged by Youtube as"embedding disabled by request". I can point you to it tho'. Go yonder and enjoy...

I'll try to put up a short review after the show. I sure hope that he plays "Fuck the FCC"...

No comments: