Thursday, January 10, 2008

Juan Cole


Dr. Cole brings it right back around to where attention must be paid.

"I am often struck by how clueless the American public is to the vast destruction we have wrought on Iraq and its people, directly or indirectly. It strikes me as a bitter joke that 4 million are displaced, often facing hunger and disease, and the right wing periodicals and presidential candidates are talking about how the "surge" has "turned things around." ...For whom? How many orphans have we created? How many widows? How many people who weep and cry every night while trying to fall asleep on straw mats?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.