Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Facts don't do what I want them to…


Facts just twist the truth around…

Do they? Another thought fightin’ through the sludge last night was that I wished they’d been fact checking as the night went along. I had a co-worker (a rare, sentient carbon-based unit) mention to me she was a little put off when Obama had to fight back to counter the poo McCan’t was flinging.

But, you know, fuck that-- the ol’ Maverick was lying. I thought Obama was forceful and immediate in his efforts to set the record straight. Or, really, hitting the needle when it got stuck in one of Johnny’s grooves. Maybe that’s a good analogy, given McCan’t is an analog asshole in a digital world…

Anyhoo, check out this page from CNN in which they do a little fact checking. Bottom line? Obama – Truthful. McMaverick – LIAR. Oh, wait… I guess he did oppose Raygun’s stance on troops in Lebanon in 1983. How relevant…

BTW-- speaking of DB, I’m seeing him on tour featuring his music with Brian Eno next week in Milwaukee, hometown of one Jerry Harrison.

No comments: